Running a business is an exciting journey that requires:
- Understanding the business’ purpose
- Clarifying customers, services and products
- Defining long and medium term objectives inline with the purpose
- Organizing human, financial and technology resources to meet the objectives
A Strategic Plan ties together the above; it provides a road map for a business from its current position to a desired future.
Once your plan is ready you can look forward to annual business planning. If your new plan is radical, your business may very well require restructuring.
How a business undertakes strategic planning is crucial. The process should:
- Involve participation of as many employees and stakeholders as possible
- Review business purpose
- Develop business vision
- Conduct internal and external analyses to crystallize critical issues
- Identify strategies
- Establish future measurable goals and their monitoring them
- Develop activity-based budget
Ensuring critical assessment requires eliminating internal sources of bias. This is where we come in to facilitate the process and help to prepare the final document.
We employ participatory and coaching approaches. This ensures staff capacity building and shared organizational vision essential for sustaining implementation of the plan.