Programme formulation brings into play all the elements of planning.
Sector wide programme formulation is usually carried out by government Ministries. Apart from focusing on major roles of a Ministry, sector wide programme formulation identifies and assigns roles to Agencies and Parastatal Organizations under the Ministry.
Before you begin programme formulation, allow us to conduct a situational analysis to inform your planning.
A good sector wide programme should contain the following:
- Extensive situational analysis that justifies the programme formulation.
- Clear and objective Ministry linkage with its Agencies, Parastatal Organizations and private sector that envisages coherent and unified sectoral performance.
- Measurable objectives to be achieved.
- Clear strategies for achieving the objectives.
- Indicative work plan for the programme duration
- Annually phased activity based indicative budget.
- A monitoring and evaluation framework to guide internal and external performance review.